As the new sports seasons roll around, you are very preoccupied with getting your kiddo the right gear. They need everything from cleats to jerseys to water bottles. In all this excitement, don’t forget about yourself! Even though you aren’t on the field running and passing, you in the stadium seat are the backbone of youth sports. The folks on the sideline are the ones who turn those chilly or hot Saturday mornings into a memorable and meaningful experience. But you can’t hardly cheer your loudest if your rear is in pain.
What if you’re shifting into a more comfortable position, and you miss a crucial moment, like your neighbor’s kid’s first shot on goal? Indiana University recommends a stadium chair to avoid what they call ‘bleacher back’. If you sum up all the time you’ll be spending on your bum this season, you’ll realize how important it is to get the right bleacher seat cushion. That’s why today we examine the best stadium seats for every situation.
Budget Stadium Seat- Stansport Folding Seat with Back and Arms
The Stansport Folding Seat is one great all-around option for upping the bleacher comfort this season. This chair comes with a solid tubular steel design. It is noted for its sturdiness and dependability. Hark, snapping locks that hold the back in place and steel hooks that anchor the chair to the bleacher seats. Keep in mind that these bottom steel hooks are ideal for bleachers, but prevent this chair from being used in other situations. While this seat does come at a more competitive price point than many of the others, that does mean it sacrifices a little of the creature comforts, with noticeably less padding than some of our other picks. This chair also lacks the width of some of our top choices.
One trait that a number of reviewers appreciated was the fold-down pocket that hung off the seat. With action unfolding on the field in a moment’s notice, it’s important to know exactly where your video camera or smart phone is to capture the moment. Another notable feature is an optional clip on umbrella. The somewhat thin umbrella attaches to the back. This provides some respite from the elements, whether it be sunshine or rain. Grab the Stansport chair this year if you need a rugged and durable chair that has lots of function.
- Collapsible design, no assembly required
- Large storage pocket on seat back
- Adjustable shoulder strap
- Great for watching sports or events in large stadiums or your child's school or park
- Size: 19"X17"X5.5"
Most Portable Lightweight Bleacher Seats- Coleman Stadium Seat
If you are looking for a light-weight, go-anywhere folding seat, look no further than the Coleman Stadium Seat. In a space where new brands come and go, it is comforting to see a brand name on there we can trust for quality stitching and materials. Our lightweight winner for this year comes in at only 1.2 pounds! You will barely notice you are carrying it, until the hike is over and you are the only one sitting high and dry with cushion and back support. They don’t offer as much cushion as some of our larger options on here, but can still be a lifesaver compared to sitting on hard ground or bleachers for hours on end.
This durable chair is also free of any metal hooks, hinges or brads, making it perfect for situations where waterproof is a must. This chair comes with a convenient mesh pocket on the back, but besides that, not a whole lot of frill. That’s why the Coleman Stadium Seat is our pick for best lightweight stadium seat this year.
Most Comfortable Stadium Seats- Picnic Time Portable Ventura Reclining Bleacher Seat
Does your backside feel like it still hasn’t recovered from last season’s spectating? Does your back twitch a little when you picture stadium bleachers? This year, we found a chair to make you feel like you’re back in your favorite recliner at home. That’s right, pick yourself up a Picnic Time Portable Ventura Reclining Stadium Seat. This chair has changed the stadium seat game with six adjustable locking positions to match exactly what your heart and back desire. Polyester covers all the cushions. Also, high density PU foam makes this chair the most comfortable in the game.
Unlike many of the chairs on this list, the Ventura Reclining Stadium Seat folds flat rather than folding in half. This makes it a little more burdensome to carry with a weight of 10 pounds, but is mitigated by the backpack straps feature. It is really nice though, to be able to lay flay in a camping or picnic situation. There are also customizable features on this chair to show your support for your favorite team.
- Original design portable Ventura reclining stadium seat by Oniva, a Picnic Time brand
- Features durable polyester-covered padded cushion on a sturdy steel frame with water-resistant reinforced underside
- Chair adjusts to six different positions; Integrated armrests for maximum comfort
- Folds flat and has adjustable backpack shoulder straps for easy transport; Includes a zippered pocket on the back
- Look for your favorite pro or collegiate team's logoed Ventura Seats in Licensed Team Sports
Extra Wide Oversized Seats- The Stadium Chair Co Deluxe Extra-Wide Gamechanger Stadium Chair
All of the other chairs we’ve covered have arms, but that it not always a plus. This especially applies when you’re putting seats together or don’t want to be limited in space. Enter the Stadium Seat Co’s Gamechanger Stadium Chair. This is the only chair on this list that tops 20 inches wide! This chair was tested for up to a 400 pounds load, and it delivered! This chair also comes with a number of features that make it our favorite plus size option.
The Gamechanger does not have a carrying strap like the others, but instead a metal crossbar on the back of the folded seat. Arms are sold separately by the same brand and can be easily attached on to each side. The chair comes in 11 different colors, so it is perfect for customizing to your team colors.
- New GAMECHANGER model is compatible with padded arms for even more comfortable seating (arms sold separately)
- Extra 3 inch of width for greater comfort
- Supports up to 400 lbs
- Seat size 20" wide x 13 1/2" deep, back size 20 1/2" x 11 1/4" high
- Heavy duty clamp fits virtually any type of wood or metal bleacher
Best Stadium Seat for Bleachers- Home-Complete’s Wide Stadium Seat Chair
Home-Complete takes home the prize this year for best all-around stadium seat chair. All reviewers found Home Complete’s Wide Stadium Seat Chair to provide the best back-support, cushion and comfort and the light weight. Also, great price point means that you won’t break your back or your bank. This chair folds completely for easy storage anywhere in your car. Coming in at just over 7 pounds, the straps make it a cinch to carry around. The inclusion of armrests have also become a must in order to be the top bleacher seat. The chair’s main accolade comes, however, in the comfort it provide. Whether it’s a hot day with the sun beating down, or a frigid evening with icy bleachers, the Home-Complete provides a few inches of insulation and cushion that make all the difference. All the best stadium chairs also come in an extra-wide version, to give yourself plenty of room between the armrests.
- CUSHIONED COMFORT- With back support, arm rests, a wide seat, and plush cushioning, this stadium seat will provide ultimate comfort at any event- especially on bleachers, benches, or the ground!
- 6 RECLINING POSITIONS- This folding chair has 6 different reclining options for a dialed in fit. Just push the seat back to adjust the chair position to an angle that is the most comfortable for you!
- LIGHTWEIGHT AND PORTABLE- The lightweight cushioned bleacher chair folds flat between uses, and has two backpack style straps for easy portability and on-the-go seating.
- MULTIPURPOSE- This seat has a skid and water resistant bottom so it can be used for a variety of events and activities. It is perfect to use at sporting events, outdoor camping, boating, concerts, the beach, or even just for extra seating at home.
- PRODUCT DETAILS- 15 inch wide seat, 15 inch long seat, 15 inch backrest, 3 inch armrest on each side.
Treat yourself to one of these great stadium seats for bleachers this season, and see the difference! Your back and behind will thank you for avoiding ‘bleacher back’ or ‘bleacher butt’. On those frigid or windy days, we also have reviewed the perfect outdoor blankets for sports fans. If bleachers are not an option, please refer to our folding chair review. Also, if it’s going to be a scorching hot summer day, don’t go without your trusty personal handheld cooling fan.